Goodness what crazy day for America and more than likely the world, with the election of Donald Trump as USA’s next President – an outcome that again caught most people around the world by surprise. It appears just like Brexit people are looking to send a message to politicians around the world. Are you listening Australian Pollies?
The question now is; what will a Trump presidency look like, and how will the cards fall after an incredible day?
1. Fear of the unknown will effect to market certainly in the short to medium term.
2. Trump “Policies”, which in the main are short on detail. We kinda know he plans –
– to increase spending; particularly on defence and infrastructure
– halving the company tax rate for businesses,
– introduction of tariffs to protect local manufacturing
3. Trump’s the businessman; indicators show that he is business friendly which could be supportive effect on the market.
4. For the first time on 8 years the Trump win, we hand the Republican’s control of Congress, this could see money flow back into USA corporates. This could be a good thing.
It’s going to be interesting to watch what is going to happen and this is the frustrating thing as we can only “watch” as all this is totally out of all our hands.